Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why Libera Rosa Blanca?

A fusion of latin and spanish makes up: Liberated White Rose.

White Roses are a symbol of virtue, pureness, honor and hope . They can be new beginnings or tragic farewells. More importantly, white roses are a symbol of humility. White Roses, as with white flags, are a sign of peace or a sign of rejuvenation. The reason for its significance in Spanish are my roots and my deep appreciation for Jose Marti who also once wrote about White Roses:

I cultivate a white rose
In July as in January
For the sincere friend
Who gives me his hand frankly.

And for the cruel person who tears out
the heart with which I live,
I cultivate neither nettles nor thorns:
I cultivate a white rose.


Liberas is the latin root for to set free or to be liberated.

Liberated White Roses sums up my goals, my aspirations and my hopes for the worlds future.

No comments:

Post a Comment